This Museum was opened to public by Lord Linlithgow, the then
Governor General of India on th 5 November, 1937 as a part of
golden jubilee celebrations. Later on, a new building was
constructed for the museum and entire collection was transferred
in it, where it is housed today.
The collection includes 71 stone sculptures, 10 incriptions, 192
miniature paintings, 124 terracottas, 27 metallic objects, 574
arms, 22241 coins and 1108 objects of local art, craft and